Today we share the top places to visit in Italy 2020 including the best destinations in Italy for those looking for honeymoons, family holidays or solo travel. Some of the best holiday destinations in Italy include Rome and Naples whilst the best honeymoon destinations in Italy include Cinque Terre and Tuscany. These gorgeous Italian destinations will make you want to keep returning to the beautiful country of Italy – let us know where your favourite beautiful places in Italy in the comments below!
Our best destinations in Italy:
1. Rome – The capital city is home to some of the most famous landmarks in the world, including the colosseum, the Sistine Chapel and the Vatican. With a history spanning back 28 centuries, there is no wonder that so many tourists head to Rome every year. In between sight seeing, make sure you explore the charming neighbourhoods, world-class museums and chow down on some pizza.
2. Tuscany – For picturesque hillside towns, stunning vineyards and endless rolling hills, head to Tuscany. There is so much beauty here so plan at least a week explore the towns of Tuscany. Siena is a popular choice for many, with a real charm in its cobblestoned streets and small town feel.
3. Lake Como – Tucked away in the foot of the alps, this is one of the most romantic places to visit in Italy. Cruise along the lake, visit the villas and explore the town of Varenna, all the while taking in the picture perfect landscape around you.
4. Florence – Next we have Florence, the birthplace of the Renaissance and home to gorgeous art museums. If you are an artist, this is the place for you to explore whilst shoppers and ice cream loves will also enjoy the splendour of Florence.
5. Milan – Shoppers, Milan is the place for you. From trendy shopping areas to world-class museums, Milan is a hip place to explore but also a beautiful place in Italy too.
6. Venice – Small and compact, Venice is a popular place to explore all year. Oozing with romance and history, take a gondola along the canals and walking through the cobbled streets is perfect for couples. However, don’t plan to spend too long here, hotel prices are incredibly high so aim for two nights here before moving to a different city it Italy.
7. Verona – Fair Verona a gorgeous and small city but is often underrated. It doesn’t attract the same number of tourists as other cities in Italy, giving it a local, authentic feel.
8. Cinque Terre – This is one of the most scenic spots in Italy. With colourful, gorgeous towns sitting along the Mediterranean Sea, it is hard not to fall in love with Cinque Terre. Take in the views and head out for a hike whilst you are in the area.
9. Naples – Foodies need to head to Naples. Enjoy the pizza, taste the wine, explore the coffee culture and visit the sights in this historic city.
10. Sicily – The largest island in the mediterranean, Sicily is home to Mt. Etna – the second most active volcano in the world. Visit the ancient ruins, take in the many many castles and relax on the gorgeous beaches in the summer months.
01:43 LAKE COMO
03:33 CINQUE TERRE
Looking for more travel tips and practical travel guides? Make sure you hit subscribe and ring that notification bell so you never miss a video!
If you have any more questions, let us know them in the comments below!
Read our travel guides on www.CreativeTravelGuide.com
Read more about Thailand on www.ThatBangkokLife.com
Read more about theme parks on www.ThemePark247.com