South Africa, a land of wonder and excitement; a place where you can walk amongst lions or ride a top great elephants – it truly is a land of adventure! Although there are endless activities that you can partake in, before embarking on a journey to this beautiful country, there are a few things to know to prepare you for the trip. Here are my top 5 tips on what to do in South Africa!
1) BE SAFE! Do not walk around at night. The crime rate in Cape Town is actually quite high so avoid putting yourself in compromising situations. In addition, if you’re a woman, this is incredibly important because the sexual assault and rape rates are also high so keep that in mind. Be safe.
2) GO ON A SAFARI! Do not leave South Africa without going on some kind of game drive/safari where you’ll get the chance to see some of the world’s most beautiful animals. It can even be a day safari, you don’t have to be made of money in order to participate. It is a truly enriching experience!
3) SEE ROBIN ISLAND! I did not do this but from what I understand it is a moving experience. Or you can go SHARK CAGE DIVING, like me! It was a hard choice to make but I couldn’t pass up the chance to face one of my biggest fears: THE GREAT WHITE! Both are wonderful experiences.
4) DO SOMETHING ADVENTUROUS, like jumping off a bridge. Don’t just jump; please have a bungee cord attached! And or more importantly, South Africa gives you a number of opportunities to face your fears. Push yourself out of your comfort zone and see what you’re really made of!
5) $$$$$ South Africa can be expensive. On this journey through Semester At Sea this is the port that I spent the most money, however I also did the most activities. Personally I like to spend money on experiences so it wasn’t a big deal for me and I’d do it all over again.
Those are my suggestions for South Africa! Thanks so much for watching!
Subscribe to this channel to stay updated on the journey!
Stalk me on Instagram!!!
Follow me on Twitter!!!