CFO South Africa’s 2nd CFO Awards were held on 14 May 2015 at the breathtaking Summer Place in Hyde Park Johannesburg. 10 CFOs of listed companies and large corporations were awarded.
The event was attended by 300 CFOs and prominent business leaders. During 6 Master Classes that took place prior to the award ceremony, they discussed topics including strategy execution, leadership, business opportunities in Africa and ways of coping with and benefiting from the fast pace of technological development in the world.
During the gala dinner South Africa’s doyen of corporate governance, Mervyn King, held a keynote speech, last year’s CFO of the Year Simon Ridley (Group FD Standard Bank) shared his thoughts about finance leadership in South Africa and the event was capably chaired by the dynamic entrepreneur Vusi Thembekwayo.
Award winners 2015:
– CFO of the Year – Deon Viljoen (Alexander Forbes)
– Young CFO of the Year – Brett Tromp (Discovery Health)
– Public CFO of the Year – Anoj Singh (Transnet)
– Finance Transformation Award – Bongani Nqwababa (formerly with Anglo American Platinum, now Sasol)
– Compliance & Governance Award – Cobus Grove (Digicore)
– Strategy Execution Award – Anoj Singh (Transnet)
– High Performance Team Award – Brett Tromp (Discovery Health)
– Finance & Technology Award – Colin Brown (Super Group)
– Transformation & Empowerment Award – Imraan Soomra (Oceana)
– Moving into Africa Award – Greg Davis (Standard Bank Africa)
View all the photos of the CFO Awards here:
View the report of the CFO Awards here:
Join us for the CFO Awards 2016
Are you a CFO and looking for opportunities to connect, engage and learn or are you a supplier looking to demonstrate thought leadership and extend your network with CFOs? Do you want to join the CFO Awards and many other exclusive CFO meetings. CFO South Africa invites its members to exclusive member only opportunities to be exposed to ground breaking insights and high-level engagements with today’s business leaders. Join CFO South Africa as a member now:
Would you like to RSVP directly for the CFO Awards? RSVP here:
Do you want to get involved as a partner of CFO South Africa? Do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Managing Director CFO South Africa
+27 11 083 7515
PS Please also join the CFO Community online: