A Trip To Saqqara – Ancient Egypt – Visit Saqqara – Travel to Egypt – History of Egypt – Imhotep
If you’re a history lover, a trip to Saqqara in Egypt needs to be at the top of your list!
Here are some more facts about this wonderful spot.
– Saqqara is an ancient burial ground in Egypt of about 7 Kilometers.
– It’s considered the Necropolis for the Ancient Egyptian capital, Memphis.
– It’s located in the West bank of the Nile, 15 kilometers South of Giza pyramids.
– Saqqara features numerous pyramids, including the Step Pyramid of Djoser,
– which is the oldest complete stone complex built known in history.
– The step pyramid is the earliest major pyramid in Egypt, built by Imhotep.
– The pyramid is the tomb of the 3rd dynasty ruler Djoser or Zoser.
– A Museum opened in Saqqara in 2006, dedicated to architect Imhotep.
– Northeast of Djoser Pyramid is the pyramid of Teti, founder of the 6th Dynasty.
– Also Northeast is the pyramid of Userkaf, founder of the 5th Dynasty.
– In Saqqara, the Serapeum is an underground burial chambers for Apis bulls.
– In addition, several tombs can be visited covered with painting all on their walls.
– Nowadays, Archaeologists are still finding new discoveries in the rich area.
Make sure to hit the like button if you enjoyed the video and subscribe for more travel videos.
We are Connolly Cove.
We share the best locations around Ireland / Northern Ireland and further afield with you through our travel blog/vlog of the hidden treasures that are on our doorstep.
Learn more about where you should visit by checking out our website!
If you want to find out more about other attractions in Northern Ireland, Ireland and beyond click the links below: