A Trip to Luxor – Thebes – Ancient Egypt – Luxor Temple – Egypt Travel
Luxor is known as the world’s greatest open air museum as it supposedly holds one third of the world’s monuments. It was previously known as Thebes in ancient Egypt and is home to Luxor Temple and El Karnak Temple to just name a few of it’s amazing sights.
The river Nile runs between the city separating the modern city and west bank Nercropolis.
Here’s some more information:
– The origin of the name Luxor comes from the Arabic “al uqṣur”,
– Which translates to “the palaces” or “the castles”.
– The Winter palace hotel was once the winter residence of King Farouk.
– Abu Haggag Mosque
– On the East bank of the Nile, you can find temple for worshiping.
– Luxor Temple
– El Karnak Temple
– The Nile flows between the modern city and West bank Necropolis.
– Where you can Find the burial temples of Kings, Queens and Nobles.
– Mortuary Temple of Queen Hatshepsut
Make sure to hit the like button if you enjoyed the video and subscribe for more travel videos.
We are Connolly Cove.
We share the best locations around Ireland / Northern Ireland and further afield with you through our travel blog/vlog of the hidden treasures that are on our doorstep.
Learn more about where you should visit by checking out our website!
If you want to find out more about other attractions in Northern Ireland, Ireland and beyond click the links below: