Castro fulfills Mandela + Cuba and ANC solidarity rally
- See more at: https://adscellar.com/dashboard/publisher/ad?id=61#sthash.Y1PQkrNo.dpuf
- See more at: https://adscellar.com/dashboard/publisher/ad#sthash.dGhghcGu.dpuf
one. Former South African President Nelson Mandela and Cuban leader Fidel Castro standing collectively
three. Nelson and Castro
four. SOUNDBITE: (English) Nelson Mandela, Former President of South Africa “It is a extremely wonderful instant for us to be visited by Fidel since what he has finished for us is difficult to put in words.”
five. SOUNDBITE: (Spanish) Fidel Castro, Cuban President “1st since I come across my pricey brother Mandela far better than at any time in great health and fitness, and secondly since I come across him with the very same enthusiasm he’s usually experienced.”
6. SOUNDBITE: (English) Nelson Mandela, Former President of South Africa “And I promised him I would talk about the matter with my business to say whether I can be in Cuba even just before the conclusion of this year that we’ll talk about it.”
seven. Castro and Mandela hugging
9. Castro stands with Blade Nzimande, Head of South African Communist Occasion, Nzimande lifts his sweater to exhibit his T-shirt bearing a picture of Mandela and Castro
10. Castro and Mandela
11. Castro walking away and group dispersing
twelve. Castro will get in car or truck
thirteen. Mandela waves
14. Interior Natal Tech faculty – persons dancing and singing at solidarity rally for Cuba and ANC
15. People waving flags
16. Banner with Che Guevara
17. Castro walks in
19. Audience clapping
twenty. Castro speaking
21. Audience clapping
Former South African President Nelson Mandela says he hopes to visit Cuba before long, possibly just before the conclusion of the year.
Mandela made the announcement with Cuban leader Fidel Castro at his facet soon after talks in Johannesburg on Sunday.
Castro spoke warmly of Mandela, indicating he was happy to come across him in such superior health and fitness.
The Cuban leader also achieved Blade Nzimande, the head of the South African Communist Occasion.
Earlier in Durban, in which he experienced been attending the racism summit, Castro spoke at a solidarity rally for Cuba and South Africa’s A-N-C (African National Congress) bash.
Castro past visited South Africa in 1994, when he attended Nelson Mandela’s presidential inauguration.
This week’s visit was be the initial key street vacation for Castro, 75, due to the fact a June 23 fainting spell that sparked problems about his effectively-getting.
Castro and his aides insist his health and fitness is superior.
Communist Cuba began forming hyperlinks with Africa in the initial years soon after the January one, 1959, groundbreaking triumph that introduced Castro to electric power.
As early as 1964, groundbreaking Ernesto “Che” Guevara portrayed Cuba as an advocate for black Africa in its battle in opposition to racism and colonialism.
Given that the collapse of apartheid, Castro has experienced powerful hyperlinks with the South African governing administration.
South African President Thabo Mbeki joined Castro for the duration of an official visit in Havana in March for the unveiling of a bust of the late anti-apartheid leader Oliver Tambo.
You can license this tale via AP Archive:
Discover out additional about AP Archive: