Cava Baja is Madrid’s most renowned tapas bar road! It is in the La Latina neighbourhood and has about 50 tapas bars in only three hundred metres! But how do you stay away from the tourist traps. Come with us and we’ll show you the 7 most effective tapas bars on Cava Baja! Including Taberna La Concha, Casa Lucas, La Posada de la Villa and more!
one. WELCOME TO SPAIN Unveiled! 👋
▶ Subscribe to see my hottest movies!
▶ Get my Free of charge Guide to my favourite tapas bars in Madrid, Barcelona, Seville & San Sebastian
2. Check out SPAIN LIKE A Local! 🇪🇸
▶ Join a mouth watering meals tour with my business Devour Tours
▶ Test out Yoly’s flamenco excursions:
▶ Test out my favourite books about Spain
▶ Learn Spanish with a Free of charge demo from Rocket Languages
▶ I e book my lodging with Reserving.com – it is super speedy and simple. Test it out in this article:
▶ Say hi on Instagram!
3. Video clip Guide 😃
Calle Cava Baja is a wonderful road for a tapas crawl in Madrid. It is acquired about 50 tapas bars in just one road, and is in the coronary heart of the renowned La Latina neighbourhood. But with so several tapas bars, how can you select the very good from the lousy? Which is exactly where this video clip arrives in? Yoly and I made a decision to strike 7 of our favourites.
Listed here is Calle Cava Baja on a map:
one. Taberna La Concha: I appreciate this spot for a pre-lunch vermouth. They make their own vermouth, and serve it with a few excess substances to give it excess kick. They generally pair it with a mouth watering tapa. And their cooked tapas and wine checklist are also outstanding. A fantastic begin!
2. Diaz y Larrouy: The wine bar has been close to since 1992 and so is one of the grandfather’s of this road. They have thirty-40 wines for every glass, and serve mouth watering tostas. An outstanding choice for cava by the glass.
3. La Posada de la Villa: There has been a posada (or inn) in this article since 1642, and I adore hitting the bar in this aged tavern. It is more of a restaurant, but the bar is a fantastic spot to grab a glass and even just take pleasure in the free tapa. It is just entire of history!
4. La Posada del Dragón: These men do more present day tapas, and I appreciate their tomato salad. But over and above the meals, this spot is excess unique as beneath the glass flooring you can see the remains of the medieval walls that the moment surrounded Madrid.
Honourable mention: La Perejila – fantastic minimal tapas bar that just didn’t make the ultimate cut.
5. Casa Lucas: Famous on Calle Cava Baja. This spot is generally packed, but does mouth watering present day tapas and tostas, and they have an outstanding wine checklist. Do not be concerned if you can’t get a table – just squeeze on up at the bar!
6. Taberna Tempranillo: Yet another classic wine bar which is been close to for a amount of years. These men do an eclectic variety of present day dishes, as perfectly as tostas. And of training course fantastic wine by the glass. Also – the wine rack towards the back again wall is breathtaking!
7. Los Huevos de Lucio: Opposite is a renowned restaurant termed Casa Lucio. And in that restaurant they are renowned for their huevos estrellados (aka. Huevos rotos or damaged eggs). Opposite Los Huevos de Lucio is their tavern, and you can get the exact dish there. It is very simple, but it is mouth watering!
4. WHO AM I? 👱
Hola! I’m James Blick. Spain is my passion! Its meals, its culture, its history and its persons. And I get a enormous kick out of sharing anything I’ve acquired with visitors to this country. My mission? To assistance you have a real, wealthy and mouth watering expertise in Spain! If that appears like some thing you are into, then I’d appreciate you to subscribe and be part of this community of Spain Lovers!
Email ALL ENQUIRIES TO:
*Some of the one-way links may well be affiliate one-way links. If you click on a hyperlink and get some thing, I may well receive a little fee for the sale. It won’t value you anything excess and you are free to use the hyperlink or not, it is totally up to you. If you do use the hyperlink, thank you very significantly for you help!